On the initiative of “Haute Autorité de la Communication Audiovisuelle du Maroc” (HACA) and of the Orbicom Network , and with the participation of Mr. Janis Karklins, Assistant Director-General, UNESCO Communication and Information Sector, and Mr. Guy Berger, Director, Freedom of Expression and Media Development, an international colloquium is organised on May 25 and 26 of this year in the capital of Morocco, Rabat.
On this occasion, the 2nd annual meeting of UNESCO chair holders in Communication and associate members of the Orbicom Network, will address the diversity thematic and exchange on their activities and networking projects.
Day 1 (May 25) Diversity and Regulation (plenaries, conferences and debates)
- Approaches, principles and issues
- Practices, experiences and models
- Haute Autorité de la Communication Audiovisuelle du Maroc
- Assistant Director-General of UNESCO, CI Sector
- President of the Orbicom Network
- Experts /Researchers
With two tables of panellists for debates on:
- Future issues of the audiovisual’s digitization: land digitized television, convergence, second screen, concentration, consumption modes, etc.
- Is legislation of Internet necessary ?
Chair holders and associate members wishing to intervene in Day 1 on Diversity and Regulation must send their presentation proposal to Jamal Eddine Naji (email@example.com) before March 31.
Day 2 (May 26) : Orbicom chair holders and associate members’ meeting
- Word of welcome, Secretary General of Orbicom
- Word of UNESCO
- Exchange of views among the participants on Orbicom activities and projects
- Exchange of views on the diversity within the media
Chair holders and associate members wishing to intervene in Day 2 on Diversity must send their presentation proposal to Yves Théorêt before March 31.
HACA will defray the hotel, meal costs, and transportation between the airport and the hotel for the first 20 participants to register.
Participants must defray their air transportation costs.
Interpretation in English, French and Spanish will be available.
Number of participants permitting, HACA proposes to organize the following visits:
- Information visit to HACA
- Visit of a public TV channel
- Visit of one or two of the 19 private radios
- Visit of a network of community media on the Net
For those who would like to extend their sojourn in Morocco for one or two days, HACA could organize a tour or an excursion. The costs will be charged to the interested participants.
Further information will be sent to you in the weeks ahead with regard to the modalities and to the meeting’s thematic.
To confirm your participation before February 28:
Pierre Giguère : firstname.lastname@example.org