Appointments and Professional Positions (1998-2002)
– Member, Communications Network, Australian National Commission of UNESCO
– Member of Film Industry Working Party, Gold Coast CIty Council, December, 2001-2002
– Councillor National Trust of Australia (Queensland) 2000-2002. Ministerial Appointment
– Member of the Steering Committee for the Communications Research Forum, Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts (DoCITA), 2000-2002
– Member of Executive of Australian and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA), 2000-2001
– Member of Griffith Artworks Committee (this is an art collection specialising in new media arts), 1999-2002
– Invited participant. Workshop: «Towards an International Network of Observatories on Cultural Policy», UNESCO with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage, Government of Canada and the Swedish National Commission for UNESCO, Hanover, Germany, 19-20 September 2000. Convened by the Cultural Policies for Development Unit of UNESCO.
– Invited participant CultureLink Regional Experts Seminar, Korean National Commission of UNESCO, 6-7 December 2001, Chuncheon, South Korea.
– Participation in Thinktank session on the theme of «Creative City», 16 August 2001, Brisbane City Council.
– Briefing of Film and Broadcasting Sections on Future of Local Content report, Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, Canberra, 11 April 2001.
– Experts Consultation, Television Industry Stakeholders Workshop, Australian Broadcasting Authority, 21 February 2001. This workshop brought together members of the ABA, the television networks, screen producers, advertising associations and new media producers to discuss CMP Discussion paper on social and cultural objectives in a digital environment (with B. Goldsmith, J. Thomas, S. Cunningham).
– Experts Consultation, Productivity Commission, Broadcasting Inquiry Workshop, 13 May 1999, Melbourne (with S. Cunningham).
– Members Creative Industries Forum Working Party. Brisbane City Council, Department of State Development and QUT (I am the Griffith University representative on this working party).
– Participant and session chair, National Round Table, Statutory Deposit in the Digital Environment: Cultural Policy and Copyright, under the aspices of the New Technologies Working Party, Commonwealth Department of Communications, Information Technology & the Arts, Library & Information Service of Western Australia, Alexander Library Building, Perth Cultural Centre, 7 December 1998.
March 1992 – … Professor & Head of Department of Visual Commumcation, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
Aug 1984 – Feb 1992: Head of Medical Illustration & Teaching Services, Combined Department of Medical Illustration & Teaching Services of Charing Cross and Westminster Medical Schools.
June 1979 – July 1984: Head of Medical Illustration & Teaching Services, Charing Cross Hospital and Medical School.
Sept. 1974 – June 1979: Medical Photographer, Westminster Medical School.
Summer 1973: Trainee Medical Photographer, Cambridge Medical School and Addenbroke’s Hospital.
Summer 1972: Scientific Photographer, GEC Marconi Research Laboratories.