– Analytical skills relating to the way organizations are working or should work:
• Analysis of political systems (PhD and post-doctoral program: 1998-2006);
• Analysis of companies (management audits – governance, structure, internal processes,
relations with suppliers, HR, quality control, etc.; development, and implementation of
management and quality standards; consulting: 2005-2013);
• Analysis of media companies (mainly television and radio stations in both commercial and
public service organizations all over the world: 2005-2013).
– Management and organization of all activities related to operations in a small size company (2008- 2013), mainly: planning and management of audits in several countries; development of new products (standards and services); team management; internal training; administration related to operations; responsibility for internal compliance with international standards, and firm-wide operational controls; participation to the company’s top decisions, and Board Secretary.
– Ten year-experience in teaching to adults, in both academic and business environments.
– International experience (work in four languages, lived in France, Germany, and Mexico, missions in Western and Eastern Europe, South-East Asia, Indian continent, Latin America)
– Consultant in management and organization – mainly to European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Geneva.
– COO/Head of Operations, and Director of Certification, ETHICS/Ethical Integrity Corporate Standards SA, Switzerland (2010-2013)
– Certimedia Manager (department in charge of advising media companies on their management and quality issues), Senior Consultant in quality management, and additionally, Head of Training Department (Institut Optimum), Challenge Optimum SA, Switzerland (2005-2010)
– Lecturer in Quality Management applied to Media Organizations, Institut d’études politiques d’Aix-en-Provence, Master in Communication and Journalism (2007-2001).
– Lecturer at Institut d’études politiques de Paris (“Sciences Po”), Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate’s programs, focus on Latin American and EU political institutions, and democratic transitions (2003-2007).
– Institut universitaire d’études du développement (IUED), Geneva, Post-Doctoral Research Program on governance (2005-2006)
Institut d’études politiques de Paris (“Sciences Po”):
• PhD in Political Sociology (focus on democratization process and governance in Mexico)
• Diplôme d’études approfondies (DEA), Research Master’s Degree in Comparative Politics
• French-German Master’s Degree in Political Science, double curriculum in partnership with the Freie Universität Berlin, FUB, (Germany)
• Master’s Degree in International Relations
•International Management Standards
– Design and Development of the Media 21 standard (edited by ETHICS SA, Switzerland, 2012) on Quality and Ethics Management for media companies.
– Design and Development of the ETHICS 21 standard (edited by ETHICS SA, Switzerland, 2010) on Quality and Ethics Management Systems.
– Contribution to the design/review process of two international standards on management systems: ISAS BCP 9001: 2010 (edited by ISAS and the Media and Society Foundation, Geneva), and Towards Minimum Quality Standards In HIV Communication (edited by UNAIDS, 2009).
– With Louis Balme and Guillaume Chenevière, “ISAS BC 9001 and ISAS P 9001: Universal quality management standards for print media, broadcasting and the Internet”, in Quality Assurance, Springs 2007.
• Academic Publications
– Démocratie et fédéralisme au Mexique (1989-2000). Paris: Karthala. 2006. 432 pages.
– “Démocratie et société mexicaines : un pays en transition?”. Actes du Colloque tenu au Sénat
(Paris), le 12 juin 2006.
– “Geografía de la gobernancia: ¿La alternancia partidaria como factor de consolidación del poder de los gobernadores en el escenario nacional mexicano?”, in Foro Internacional (México), Vol. XLVI, n° 185, Sept. 2006. p. 513-532.
“Quelle contribution des expériences et contextes politiques “locaux” à la libéralisation du régime mexicain?” Problèmes d’Amérique latine. Paris. N°50. Automne 2003. p. 37-57.
– “Mexique: la victoire de Vicente Fox à l’élection présidentielle de juillet 2000”. Problèmes d’Amérique latine. Paris: la documentation Française, N°40, janv.–mars 2001, p. 3-30.
•Former member of the Editorial Committee of Problèmes d’Amérique latine (Paris), 2003-2010. – Board member of ORBICOM, the international network of UNESCO chairs in communications.