About / À propos
Prof. Nazgul Shyngysova is Doctor of Philology, Professor and Head of the UNESCO Chair in Journalism and Communication at the Kazak State National University at Almaty, Kazakhstan.
She is the Head of the UNESCO Chair in Journalism and Communication since 2013. In 2019, she was the Head of the expert group of the Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education – IQAA, and 2016 the Chairman of the Dissertation Council, specialty journalism. Before, she was the Deputy Head of the UNESCO Chair in Journalism and Communication for Research, Innovation and International Relations (2011-2012), Associate Professor, Department of Media Management and Advertising (2001-2004) and Art. Lecturer, Department of Television Journalism (1999-2001).
- More than 300 articles published in Kazakhstan, Russia, Poland, Turkey, France, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan.
- Author of books and study guides in the field of journalism, communication, public relations, and sociological research.
- Organization of the department
- Work to establish long-term cooperation between UNESCO Chairs in order to conduct joint research in the development of society;
- Collaboration with scientists from leading world scientific centers
- Work to promote the principles and initiatives of UNESCO and the UN to create the conditions for dialogue between civilizations, cultures and peoples
- Organization of workshops, seasonal schools, scientific seminars, scientific conferences
- Media trainer of numerous courses and continuing education schools for media staff on the SDGs and MIG (media and information literacy)
- Participation in the work of large communication centers in the USA, Germany, Poland, etc.
Activities and Awards
- Winner of the grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan « The Best University Teacher 2011 »
- Grantee of The Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS), (Washington University, Seattle, USA), October 2017
- Project Manager, IPDC / UNESCO, 2018
- Head of the UN Women in Kazakhstan project “Organization of training seminars to increase the capacity of local media and the press services of local executive bodies in highlighting gender-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”, 2019
- Scientific internships trainings in Germany, the Netherlands, France, Poland, Turkey, China
Prof. Nazgul Shyngysova
Titular, UNESCO Chair in International Journalism and Media in Society (UNESCO Chair in Journalism and Communication)
Doctor in Philology
Kazak State National University
Tel.: (+7) 327 247 29 76
Tel.: (+7) 727 377 33 30
Tel.: (+7) 701 993 90 07
Web Site of the Chair